What is the Process?
- Work with Next Generation Steel to design a building to suit your needs.
- The design is sent to engineering for approval.
- Apply for a permit to build your building.
- Permit regulations vary by County and State, start investigating the requirements in your area as soon as you have decided to add a building to your property.
- Make arrangements to have the building erected.
- Plans return from engineering with stamp, your representative orders your building.
- Building is delivered to your site.
How Long Does the Process Take?
- Engineering Package—7 to 10 working days.
- Permit approval—four to six weeks.
- Check with your local building department for lead times in your area to get permit approval.
- Building Delivery–2 to 3 weeks upon payment completion.
Are There Other Things I Need to Think About?
- Snow loading, wind speed, exposure, soil density variances, etc.
- Siding Choices
What Clearances are Needed for the Door Selected?
- For overhead doors you need 18” additional height for door track and at least 3” on each side for the side door tracks.
- What are you putting in the building? If your boat and trailer have a combined height of 10 feet, you need to plan on a building with 12 foot doors
- Consider a canister door to save space.